The typical Illinois home search
- Recent home buyers searched for a home for a median 8 weeks and
saw a median 11 homes.
- 86 percent of home buyers used a real estate professional during
their home search.
- 67 percent of home buyers used the Internet frequently to search
- Among home buyers, the typical Internet searcher was 37 years
old and visited a median 15 homes. The typical home buyer that
did not use the Internet to search for homes was 48 years old
and saw a median of 6 homes.
- 73 percent of buyers rated real estate agents as a useful
Illinois Profile of Home Buyers and Home Sellers, 2007
Renting vs Buying